These abc games are a collection on online games for kindergarten kids to teach the following foundational reading skills – that go beyond learning the abc’s to using and manipulating them. *Includes skills that go beyond kindergarten standards.
– Letter Recognition / Letter Naming
– Uppercase and Lowercase Letter Matching
– Alphabetical Order (ABC Order)
– Beginning Sounds / Ending Sounds
– Onset and Rime
– Blending/Sounding Out CVC Words
– Short Vowel Sounds
– Manipulating Sounds in All Positions of CVC Word
– Recognizing General Spelling Patterns (silent e, common digraphs, r-controlled vowels)*
– Sounding Out Four Letter Words*
– Reading Words Using Word Families (chunks)*
Want more? See Reading Centers for more details.