If you love this website, you’ll love how easy it is to create a math computer center with these DIFFERENTIATED, YEAR LONG lessons ready to go.
I’ve created the Computer Math Center for Kindergarten: Cool Math for Kids Differentiated just for kindergarten classrooms. It’s simple to use just like Cool Kindergarten but with MANY more standards covered!
Help them build their math confidence as they dig into the “technology zone.” Three levels of differentiation included.
Why You’ll Love It
Standards-based interactive online activities, games and cool math for kids to complete using the computer or laptops! This is an entire year’s worth of kindergarten math center lessons ready to go. It hits common core math standards. Perfect for using in math centers, stations, guided math or at the computer lab. Get your students learning DIFFERENTIATED material while making it EASY on YOU!
License: This purchase limits the use to one class, no limit on the number of devices.
This product is AMAZING!!!! – Nicole G.
- Lesson Pages “Technology Zone” PDF – 81 Pages of online games/activities ordered to cover the entire K year! Easy for students to click and learn with little-to-some modeling. Divided into 4 sets (like 4 quarters in the school year for example), and each set into 2 weeks. Every 2 weeks has a clickable and student-friendly activity list of games/activities. There are 3 for each week to allow for differentiation. See preview file for explanation and example.
- Teacher Standards Quick Link – 7 Pages outlining the standards for each of the 4 sets included in the lesson pages PDF.
- 48 Math Videos – 4 Pages within the lesson pages PDF that each has 12 math videos to reinforce math concepts and gives early finishers an open-ended activity.
- 5 Problem Solving Challenge Quests – 5 additional links within the lesson pages PDF to encourage problem-solving for early finishers.
- 17 Task Posters – Use posters to easily show students what games/activities to play!
- 6 “How To” Posters – These posters will help outline the basic steps for your students when they are first learning how to navigate to the correct set of games/activities you want them to play. 3 posters (each in 2 sizes) will cover the most used classroom devices: tablets, computers, laptops.
I use these every day! Totally worth the buy!! – Carol B.
- This is a DIGITAL FILE. No physical product will be mailed to you. You’ll receive a link to an INSTANT DOWNLOAD.
- You’ll need to unzip this file after downloading. How to unzip a file.
- NOT RECOMMENDED for iPads due to use of flash games.
See PREVIEW FILE here to learn more or to see if it’s compatible with your device.
I started using it with my kids and they love it. It’s very well done and it’s a great resource for math lessons. – Dolca C.
Read more about pacing and structure of the Math Technology Center Zone for Computers on my teaching blog KindergartenWorks.
I’m a classroom teacher. Can I use this?
Yes! I designed it to be used by you! I hope it saves you loads of time – consider your center done for the entire year.
Can I edit the games/links if one goes dead?
No. This file isn’t editable so you won’t be able to make changes. If you find a dead link, please use the links I’ve included to tell me which one it is. I’ll be sure to check and update when needed. Updates are free.
What do I do if a game stops working?
If you find a dead link, please use the links I’ve included to tell me which one it is. I’ll be sure to check and update when needed. Updates are free.
Are there logins required?
Nope! I’ve selected games that don’t require logins or passwords to use them for free.
Does it remember student progress?
No. This product will not log your student’s work or progress.
How is it different from Cool Kindergarten?
In three ways. One, coolkindergarten.com is a website. This product is a pdf.
The second way is that this product covers many more skills in depth or in multiple activity styles. For example, while Cool Kindergarten has 4 pages of activity links to cover a year of kindergarten content, the Math Center has 81 pages! They are all easily organized by weeks and differentiation level so it won’t ever be overwhelming.
Does it have the same games as Cool Kindergarten or the Computer Lab Lessons?
There is some overlap of the websites used – but each product has lots of unique links and activities. Both the math center and computer lab lessons guide students to specific levels of play for less specific websites to make it more focused and independent.
This is AMAZING! This product is so well thought out! I love that the games are differentiated AND it is self directed. Thank you for all of your hard work! 🙂 – Spot On Teaching